Hanceville Police Activated For Hurricane Irma Duty In Florida
HANCEVILLE POLICE ACTIVATED FOR HURRICANE IRMA SECURITY DUTY IN FLORIDA
As part of Alabama District F, the Hanceville Police Department has been activated and placed on standby to participate in clean-up and security details somewhere in Florida in the aftermath of the devastation created by Hurricane Irma.
Chief of Police Bob Long and other officials in the City of Hanceville spent the weekend preparing this municipality’s readiness to deploy at a moment’s notice when the word is given by FEMA and/or Alabama Governor Kay Ivey.
Their preparation has yielded a long, 22-wheel rig along with mobile command unit ready to make the journey to south Florida.
The entourage consists of:
• A Freightliner cab
• A 1,200 Fuel Dispensing Tanker
• Mobile command unit that sleeps up to eight
• Extra Diesel Fuel Tanks
• Gasoline-powered Generator
• Various Tools
According to Chief Long, three police officers from his department along with a mechanic are poised to make the trip.
They await the call …
Latest posts by Timothy Collins (see all)
- Cullman Motorcyclist Airlifted From Multiple Vehicle Vinemont Collision - September 23, 2017
- East Elementary Gets Outdoor Agriculture Classroom With CCCDC Grant - September 22, 2017
- CULLMAN COUNTY WEATHER Friday September 22 2017 - September 22, 2017